Wednesday, August 24, 2011

And in the morning, I'm making waffles!

I miss my Aunt Marie.  When ever you would stay in her San Jose home, you always looked forward to her making waffles one morning.  She was a perfectionist, and if the waffle did not meet her level of perfection, it went into the trash can.  She always made her waffles from Bisquick and used two large square waffle irons.  I don't know why that combination enhanced the flavor, but it did.  To make the experience even greater, she would serve hot links, split down the middle and browned, with the breakfast.  Now that was good eating!




I am currently staying at the Howard Johnson's in Redlands.  The room includes a continental breakfast, with make your own waffles.  Because I have a microwave and refrigerator in the room, last night I stopped at 99¢ Only Stores, and bought some hot links for breakfast.  This morning, I cooked up the hot links, and took them with me to the lobby, where I cooked a waffle, and had a wonderful breakfast.  The motel clerk walked by, and commented on the fact that I had brought my own sausage with me.  Nothing could ever match my Aunt Marie's waffles, but this morning I was able to be with her while I ate my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment